The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
||Learn how to implement internal control features within your Excel spreadsheets. Your presenter, David Ringstrom, CPA, will use a simple invoice to show ways to control actions in an Excel spreadsheet, as well as protect worksheets and workbooks from unauthorized changes. He'll provide a workbook with most of the examples for attendees who wish to follow along.
David will demonstrate techniques in Excel versions used by most attendees, typically Excel 2010 and 2013. He'll also point out differences in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 that apply. Coverage of Excel for Mac and Excel 2003 will be limited to questions raised by the audience.
Who Should Attend
- Improve the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel's VLOOKUP function
- Compare and contrast IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR, and see which versions of Excel support each of these worksheet functions
- Create an in-cell drop-down list using Excel's Data Validation feature
- Restrict users to entering dates, whole numbers, and other values entering data that meet criteria you specify
- Use the Table feature to improve the integrity of your spreadsheets by creating formulas that flex automatically as you add or remove rows from supporting lists and schedules
- Make it harder for users to circumvent Excel's Data Validation, and easily identify when they've attempted to do so
- Toggle the Locked status of a worksheet cell on or off using a custom shortcut
- Explore nuances of worksheet protection, including creating areas in a protected worksheet that users can override by entering a password while keeping the rest of the worksheet protected
Practitioners who develop spreadsheets for other to use, as well anyone seeking to simplify data entry.
David Ringstrom, CPA owns Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet and database consulting firm that he started in 1991. David has written freelance articles about spreadsheets since 1996, some of which have been published internationally. He teaches dozens of webinars on Excel each year, along with speaking at conferences. David coined the phrase "Either you work Excel, or it works you!" Accordingly his sessions are designed to help you turn the tide and become a much more effective spreadsheet user.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
All US States: 2.5
All Canadian Provinces: 2.5
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or ondemand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the OnDemand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the OnDemand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + OnDemand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to OnDemand Weblink plus link to handouts.
||Contact Us For More Information