The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
||Many users rely on VLOOKUP for basic look-up functionality in spreadsheets, but are often unaware of ways to improve the integrity of this venerable function.
In this session, Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA introduces the VLOOKUP function, and then quickly goes beyond the basics. Discover what can go awry with VLOOKUP, how to future-proof the function, and explore alternatives such as MATCH/INDEX, SUMIF, and SUMIFS.
- Improve the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel's VLOOKUP function
- Don't be caught off-guard by the new IFNA function available to Excel 2013 users
- Uncover the limitations of VLOOKUP, along with alternatives
- Discover how to use wildcards and multiple criteria within look-up formulas
- Perform dual lookups, where you look across columns and down rows to cross reference the data you need
- See why the MATCH and INDEX combination is often superior to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP
- Master the versatile SUMIF function
- Use the SUMIFS to sum value based on multiple criteria
Who Should Attend
- Determine situations where VLOOKUP may return an error or omit desired data
- Improve the integrity of VLOOKUP by way of the MATCH function and/or Excel's Table feature
- Utilize the SUMIFS function in Excel 2007 and later for multiple-criteria look-ups
Practitioners who rely on look-up functions within their spreadsheets.The Presenter
David Ringstrom, CPA owns Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet and database consulting firm that he started in 1991. David has written freelance articles about spreadsheets since 1996, some of which have been published internationally. He teaches dozens of webinars on Excel each year, along with speaking at conferences. David coined the phrase "Either you work Excel, or it works you!" Accordingly his sessions are designed to help you turn the tide and become a much more effective spreadsheet user.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
All US States: 2.5
All Canadian Provinces: 2.5
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or ondemand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the OnDemand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the OnDemand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + OnDemand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to OnDemand Weblink plus link to handouts.
||Contact Us For More Information