|Critical compliance concerns right now; plus how to understand and deal with impending changes.
Mortgage lending is just about the most complicated compliance topic going these days. What are the examiners concerned with right now? When will the impending changes be effective? And how should you prioritize?
Answers to these questions are what we need to implement all of what's coming. That's what we're going to talk about in this webinar; not the legalese of the statute, but what the CFPB and other agencies are saying about what their plans are for new regulation. We will answer the basic operational questions: what will we have to do, when will we have to do it, and what will it look like? The flood of information is already coming from the Bureau, and they're under some pretty aggressive timelines. They may not meet all of them, but it won't be from lack of trying.
Covered Topics Include:
- Final amendments to Reg. Z and RESPA soon to be announced - new disclosures, accompanying rules, including big changes to the APR calculations and record retention
- Will we finally have resolution to what a "Qualified Mortgage" is? Will it be a legal safe harbor or a rebuttable presumption (and why does this matter)?
- How about "Qualified Residential Mortgage" (QRM) rules? Note this is different from a Qualified Mortgage
- Developments in loan originator compensation
- New escrow rules
- Clarity coming on ability-to-repay rules
- When will the new HMDA data elements need to be collected and submitted?
- Foreclosure activity: the $26 billion settlement, what that also means to all banks, and the CFPB's servicing proposal - taming the Wild West
- Treatment of servicemembers
We'll talk about all these and more, plus leave some time for Q&A. Listen in to keep up to date with what is new and exciting in the world of mortgage compliance so you won't miss anything.
Who Should Attend?
Compliance officers, bank counsel, credit officers, loan officers, loss mitigation and asset management personnel, collectors, underwriters, senior management, and anyone else at your bank who has a hand in your residential mortgage operations.
Carl Pry is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Risk Professional (CRP) who is a Senior Director for Treliant Risk Advisors in Washington, DC. Through his working career, as well as through his experience as a banking attorney and officer, he has provided a variety of regulatory compliance and financial performance services to financial institutions and other clients throughout the country.
He has written extensively regarding consumer and commercial compliance, tax, audit, and financial institution legal issues, and is a frequent contributor to and currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the ABA Bank Compliance magazine. He has spoken at dozens of banking, compliance, and state bar associations, and has conducted training sessions for financial institutions across the country.