|Whether you report to one or all four of the National Credit Reporting Agencies (CRA), you are required to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the FACTA amendment.
It's not what you know that will hurt you-it's re-polluting the consumer's file that can cost your Financial Institution plenty! We will review FACTA Section 312- new Accuracy and Integrity Guidelines, E-OSCAR, and using the METRO-2 format.
We will also discuss the pros and cons of reporting to more than one NCRA (National Credit Reporting Agency), and why you should run quality control checks on your data to make sure it is correct, and you are in compliance.
- Your responsibilities under the FACTA-Red Flag Guidelines as a Data Furnisher. NEW FACTA Section 312 - Compliance Deadline July 1, 2010
- Using E-OSCAR to view and respond to consumer disputes (ACDV Responses).
- Using E-OSCAR to create and submit interim maintenance requests (AUDs) for previously reported trade-lines.
- Review the different guidelines for reporting to each of the National Credit Reporting Agencies; Equifax, Experian, Innovis, and Trans Union.
- Reporting your information monthly using the METRO-2 format.
- Reviewing your tradeline information in order to be in compliance and reduce risk.
Who Should Attend
The changes to FACTA will impact everyone in your institution dealing with consumers, credit information, and/or Identity Theft. This informative session is for Branch Managers, Assistant Branch Managers, Customer Service Reps, Consumer Lenders, Compliance Officers, Risk Officers, Collectors, and Trainers.
Greg Souther, President of Greg Souther Consulting &Seminars (www.gregsouther.com) is a firm that provides training and consulting to businesses in the areas of Customer Service &Communication; Credit &Collections; Fraud &Security; Human Resources, and Marketing &Sales.
With over 25 years of training and speaking experience, Greg shares practical "how to" advice that everyone can easily understand and use in their daily work environment. Greg's unique style of "tell it like it is" and humor makes him a popular speaker for any group.
Greg was a Co-Owner and President of The Credit Bureaus of Southeast Georgia, the parent company for six Credit Reporting and Collection Agencies. He has worked in various management, marketing, and consulting roles with Credifax, the Credit Bureau of Valdosta, and the Credit Bureau of Athens.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in Internet Recorded Until 9/17/2010 Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.