|As A Supervisor, You're On The Spot, Every Day
Ultimately, you're accountable. Your success is measured in terms of the way your employees perform. You have to make sure that the work gets done, costs are controlled, employees work as a team, and upper management is satisfied.
Are your supervisory styles and strategies in sync with what today's work force really wants and needs? So much more is expected of supervisors today — in terms of coaching people, communicating corporate directives, paving the way for change — that it's critical you keep up to date on the skills you need to do your job.
Attend This One Day Seminar And:
- Acquire new ways to manage your time and delegate tasks
- Learn recruiting and interviewing skills
- Discover better ways to evaluate employees
- Find out how to coach under-achievers to higher performance levels
- Get advice on dealing with the endless changes in today's volatile workplace
Attention: Senior-Level Management
Whether your supervisory personnel are new, up and coming, or veteran leaders, this training offers a wealth of skills and insights they can begin applying to work situations as soon as they return to the office. This is supervisory training that will positively influence morale and boost your organization's bottom line.
The Role Of The Supervisor
- How leading people differs from "being the boss"
- The 6 most common pitfalls of the new or untrained supervisor
- How to pinpoint your own behavioral style, identify your employees' styles, and use this information to build better workplace relationships and improve performance
- The supervisor as coach: the benefits of team building vs. traditional supervision
Getting It All Done
- Strategies for prioritizing tasks for you and your employees when everything's "due yesterday"
- Basic project management skills every supervisor needs to know
- How the "4 Rs" can help you tame the paperwork monster once and for all
- How to use delegation to empower your people
- 10 tips for managing your time more efficiently
Building A Better Team
- How to select, hire and nurture superstars
- Understanding motivators and de-motivators
- The 5-step coaching model — an effective tool for teaching new skills or improving performance
- New recruits vs. established employees — what supervisors should know
- Performance appraisals as a motivational tool
The Challenges Of Change
- The "3 Cs" of change: constant, cyclical, and cumulative
- How to help your people through the basic change cycle
- Specific techniques to gain support for change
- How to reinforce the need for change — so the right reasons remain foremost in everyone's minds
Into Your Future
- How to create relationships with other managers and supervisors through informal networking, formal shadowing, and supervisory task teams
- Why you must align yourself with your boss's values, goals, image, and vision
- How to sell your ideas and solutions to peers and higher-ups to get results
- 6 ways to make a positive impression on others and gain visibility and influence where you work
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.